As our world becomes more digital, family game nights are also coming back into style. Finding time to get together with friends and family for some. Classic board games, like Monopoly, are tried and true, but if you're looking for something new, why not check out these new, addictive board games:
- Settlers of Catan. This game of trade strategy is one of the most popular and takes place on a board that's created anew every time. This gives each player different access to resources every time the game is played. It’s cerebral but fast-moving!
- Carcassonne. This German board game is a great introduction to strategic gaming. With sessions less than an hour long, this game of conquest and defense is incredibly simple to pick up and play but has a remarkable amount of strategic depth.
- Puerto Rico. An interesting historical game, this game casts each player as a colonial governor on the island of Puerto Rico. The objective is to win fame and wealth in the export business. It’s exciting and fast-paced with lots of twists of fortune.
- Power Grid. This game puts each player in control of a utility company looking to supply electricity to an ever-growing network of customers in this game of economic power. Players compete in auctions to buy new power plants and then seek to power the most cities on the map.
- Agricola. The premise of this game might sound boring, but it surprisingly engaging and fun. It casts each player as a humble subsistence farmer trying to grow their agricultural outpost with limited resources.